Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Mani

As many of you already know October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and since this is a topic near and dear to me, as my mom was a survivor of breast cancer, I've decided to do some mani's this month in honor of this and to share my support and help others be more aware of this disease.

Here are some quick facts on breast cancer:
1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
Most common cancer among woman (and men) of every race and ethnicity
Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in woman ages 40-55 and the second leading cause of death in general among woman.
Every 2 minutes there is a new diagnoses.

Early diagnoses is key to treatment and survival!!

Now on to my mani for the cause!


For this mani I chose a beautiful light pink color from Avon called Cotton Candy as my base. I layered OPI's Teenage Dream over that to give it some sparkle and shine. I then stamped with the ribbons on BM-321 with China Glaze's Love's a Beach. I wish I had either chose a lighter base or maybe not put the glitter polish over it because the ribbons just weren't as noticeable as I wanted them to be, but overall I love this look. Pink is my favorite color and what's better than showing your support for something like this.

This is just the first of many mani's for the month! Stay tuned and I would love your feedback and to see any of your pink mani's for the month!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is really pretty! Love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je bent genomineerd, check mijn blog voor de details

    http://nailsbeautymore.blogspot.nl/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete